DCU supports the holistic development of talented athletes and recognises their increasing need to successfully balance both academic and sporting commitments. Below you will find information on sport-specific scholarships.
There are many different types of scholarships, from Merit to Accommodation/ Financial Aid. To find out more about what these terms mean, scroll to the bottom of the page to the "Scholarships Explained" section.
- Merit - Merit-based scholarships are awarded based on academic, sporting and/or extracurricular prowess primarily.
- Financial Aid - Financial Aid scholarships assist with the financial cost of attending university, either by assisting with fees or the associated costs of living while one is a student.
- Accommodation Aid - Accommodation Aid scholarships assist students with locating and paying for accommodation for the duration of their degree.
- External - External scholarships are hosted by a separate body than DCU. Often they are open to students attending a range of universities.
- EDI - DCU is dedicated to encouraging and fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging for all through our EDI scholarships
- Discount / Waiver - These scholarships provide a discount on tuition fees, and in some cases a full waiver.