Doctoral Research Scholarships at the School of English
The School of English
Dublin City University
Doctoral Research Scholarships 2023-2024
DCU School of English is a dynamic research-focused school with expertise in a variety of literary eras and genres. As part of our commitment to excellence in postgraduate research the School of English is pleased to offer a scholarship for a full-time PhD student commencing September 2023. The successful candidate will receive a stipend of €19,000 per annum and have their fees paid for up to four years, subject to satisfactory annual progression.
Applicants should have a relevant undergraduate degree at first-class honours level or at least 2.1 level. It is desirable that they should hold a relevant master’s qualification. Candidates who are currently completing a master’s qualification are welcome to apply. Candidates must be available to register and begin full-time research before December 2023.
The School of English is seeking research proposals in the following area:
- Posthumanist and/or ecocritical approaches to popular film.
Scholarship Application Procedure:
Please send email applications to Dr. Paula Murphy, School of English, at Paula.Murphy@dcu.ie, indicating School of English PhD scholarship in the subject line. Applications should include the following:
- A CV including names and contact details of two academic referees.
- A copy of undergraduate and postgraduate degree certificates.
- Copies of transcripts from undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- A letter outlining the candidate’s suitability for the scholarship.
- A research proposal of c.3000 words accompanied by a bibliography (which is not included in the word count).
Dr Paula Murphy, Assistant Professor, School of English at: Paula.Murphy@dcu.ie
Other useful resources:
DCU Graduate Studies Office: http://dcu.ie/graduatestudies/index.shtml
Closing date for final applications:
Friday September 1st, 2023, at 5 p.m