Key responsibilities include the provision of:
- Strategic planning and technical direction for the application of existing and emerging technologies.
- Electronic infrastructure to support the operations of the University.
- Computing and networking facilities for students and staff.
- Business Process Redesign expertise to streamline the processes of the University.
- Data organisation, custodianship and access facilities.
- General purpose utilities such as E-mail, Word processing, Spreadsheets etc.
- Software building, selection and integration services.
- General advice and support on existing and emerging technologies.
- All such facilities being to the highest possible standards given the resources available.