October 2023 graduations at Dublin City University
Twelve separate ceremonies are taking place in the Mahony Hall in The Helix over four days (October 23 - 26), and feature students from the university’s five faculties; the DCU Business School, the Institute of Education, the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, the Faculty of Science & Health, and the Faculty of Engineering & Computing.
This year sees the first graduates from the Bachelor of Education - Irish Sign Language pathway.
It also sees the first graduates from
- Bachelor of Education in Gaeilge and French
- Bachelor of Education in Gaeilge and German
- Bachelor of Education in Gaeilge and Spanish
- Graduate Certificate in Aviation Sustainability, Leadership and Innovation
- Graduate Certificate in Financial Intelligence and Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Strategic Leadership
- Master of Education in Early Childhood Education
- Professional Certificate in Inclusive and Special Education
- Baitsiléir Ealaíon (Onór) i nGaeilge, Iriseoireacht agus na Meáin Dhigiteacha
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Theology and Religious Studies
The ceremonies will see the DCU anthem interpreted in Irish Sign Language (ISL) by Senan Dunne.
Speaking ahead of the first ceremony, Prof Dáire Keogh, President of Dublin City University said:
“Graduation week is one of the most important events in any university calendar. These ceremonies give the University an opportunity to focus, with pride, on its very purpose – the education of our young people to the highest standards and the development of active and engaged citizens.”
This week we congratulate our new graduates on their achievements and we thank them for all they do, now and in the future, to deliver on the DCU mission to ‘transform lives and societies’.”