FuJo: The Institute for Future Media and Journalism
FuJo is an innovative and experimental space for journalism and media research. It provides a platform where journalists, communication scholars, social and data scientists, software engineers and philosophers can come together. We will test thinking, create new formats, bounce new ideas and technologies and research best practice.
The Institute brings the experience and reach of DCU’s top rated School of Communications and Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences together with researchers from the the DCU arms of the SFI research centres, the Insight Centre for Data Analytics and the ADAPT Centre for Content Creation, along with the Institute of Ethics and the Centre for Cloud Computing.
For more on FuJo visit the dedicated FuJo site
- Facilitate collaboration between journalism, technology and data
- Provide a safe experimental lab where research and innovation is key
- Collaborative culture for research and innovation in the future of digital news
- Track and research the future of digital news across Europe and globally
- Continuous professional development courses for Journalists and other media professionals;
- Dedicated data journalism modules in existing degrees, with full degree/masters programmes;
- Forum for industry leaders to discuss common interests, including journalistic codes of ethics;
- Sponsored PhDs and post docs;
- Building linkages nationally and internationally