Code of Conduct | DCU Sport
Membership Code of Conduct
It is our aim to provide you with quality service and facilities. In order to assist us and to ensure that all members enjoy their visits to our club, we insist that you adhere to this code of conduct.
- Members, patrons and their guests must treat the club, its staff and members with courtesy and respect at all times.
- On each visit to the University Sports Complex a DCU Sport wristband must be presented for access to the complex and all facilities must be paid for prior to use. DCU Sport wristbands must be worn at all times while using the facilities. Members will not be allowed access without a DCU Sport wristband. Members must present with their guests at all times & guests rates apply. Max 2 guests per member.
- Membership may be terminated by the management for violation of any rules or regulations of the complex or for conduct deemed by the management to be detrimental to the welfare, good order, safety or character of the complex or its members.
- Use of the facilities of the complex and use of the complex premises is strictly subject to the rules and regulations of the complex in effect at any time. All Codes of Conduct in specific areas must be adhered to and are available to view in the relevant area for your information
- In order to join as an individual member, persons must be 18 yearsor older. A family membership in DCU Sport is defined as: parent or parents (2) and up to 3 children (u18). A charge will be applied for additional children & Youths. Children are categorised as follows: child (up to 18 yrs or up to 21 yrs in full time education) and Youth (21 to 23 yrs). A youth may be added to Family membership provided they present valid ID i.e. valid student ID or passport. DCU Sport reserves the right to request proof of family or couple status.
- Children must be off the premises by 8pm Monday to Friday. Children under 15yrs must be accompanied by an adult or guardian member aged 18 years or over when entering the club and using the facility. Children under 13 years must be accompanied by a parent / guardian member aged 18 yrs or over at all times while using the pool. The parent / guardian must accompany the child(ren) in the pool.
- Children continued. Children aged 15 - 17 can enter the facility without their parent/guardian member ONLY after they have been given written consent by their parent/guardian member on the membership application form. Members must be 15yrs or over to use the fitness centre or exercise classes however they must complete a fitness induction before access if granted. They must be 18yrs or over to use free weights. Please see our child admission policy for more information on our Children’s policy.
- The management of DCU Sports Complex reserves the right to amend and add to these conditions of membership and rules as it sees fit and the member shall observe any amended or additional conditions or rules so made. Any changes to these conditions will always be displayed on our website or complex reception.
- Member Covid-19 Code of Conduct.
If you have any queries on any of the above please do not hesitate to contact any member of staff who will be pleased to help you.
Thank you for using the facilities at the University Sports Complex
Creating Purpose through People and Programmes