“Studying at DCU gave me a lot of opportunities and played a huge role in what I have become today. I had an opportunity to intern with the United Nations as part of my programme: that was a remarkable experience for me.
“I also got the inspiration to start up my NGO (the African Rural Community Development Initiative) after taking a course in politics and development in Africa, it inspired me to want to do more for my community. I thank my lecturers and DCU’s international community for the wonderful experience.
Ngozi Nora Onyechere-Agwu, Nigeria
MA in International Relations, 2008/2009
At DCU, we are always happy to welcome students from Nigeria. Find out more below about entry requirements for Nigerian students.
You must meet DCU’s English language requirements as well as the academic requirements set out below.
If you don’t meet the entry requirements below, you may still be able to study at DCU. Contact us and we can discuss it with you.
- West African Senior School Certificate (awarded by West African Examinations Council): minimum of C4 in 4 relevant subjects and C6 in 2 subjects.
- GCE A Levels or the IB Diploma only.
- GSCE A-Levels: 4 A-levels or 3 A-levels + 1 AS-level
- They must be in different subjects and completed in the same year or the preceding year only.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma: minimum score 24 overall
- Math and English are required subjects
- Math Studies not acceptable for programmes with specific Math requirements
- Students who present with an honours Bachelor degree qualification awarded by a recognised University in Nigeria may be considered if they have achieved very good grades and an overall 2nd Class Honours (Upper Division).
You can apply at any time to be a researcher at DCU -- there are no closing dates. Visit DCU Graduate Studies Office to learn more about entry requirements, finding a supervisor and funding.
Check back here to learn more about upcoming visits by our staff to your country or other relevant events happening near you soon.
We also run regular webinars, which may interest you. Find out more.