Outgoing Students

Outgoing Students from DCU

Getting Ready

Read the Erasmus+ Student Charter and the Outgoing DCU Exchange Student Handbook carefully.

Get insurance

  • You must have an EHIC card valid for your term abroad
  • You must have repatriation insurance
  • You should consider travel and private health insurance. One provider is Willis Towers Watson but you can purchase from any provider. 


Language Support while abroad (OLS)

  • Explanatory video on the Online Linguistic Support


DCU and many of our partner universities have signed up to SafeZone.  We strongly encourage students to register with the app before travelling.  

Funding Documents

The HEA provides grant funding to EU Exchange students to assist with additional costs of studying abroad. This should not be relied upon for living expenses.                                                                                                                                                                     

The Erasmus grant does not affect other grants you may be entitled to. The value of the grant is determined by the country of study and the length of stay as per the certificate of attendance form.         

  • Study Mobility Funding Table per Country
  • Grant Agreement (will be provided to students by the Exchange office for signing)
  • Grant Acknowledgement Form (will be provided to students for signing by the Exchange office once all funding has been paid) 

Erasmus+Study Mobility Process Checklist



Useful Links