Study abroad: Which modules can you choose?
If you choose DCU to study for a semester or a year, you can select accredited modules from our five study abroad streams, which broadly match our five faculties.
Choose one stream below -- it should be the stream that most closely matches your major. You can then download a list of module choices for that stream. Make sure you review the module choice checklist below and the more detailed guidelines.
Study abroad module choices (subject to change)
Download the module choices for the study abroad stream that interests you.
Incoming Students -Please note that due to the pandemic, modules and delivery modes are subject to change. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
Exams or continuous assessment
In the module lists for each stream, all 100% continuous assessment classes (CA) classes are highlighted in green.
Module choice checklist
- The modules you select should total between 20 and 30 ECTS credits for each semester.
- Check if the modules you choose have prerequisites/corequisites, which is especially likely with science and engineering modules.
- Ensure you have at least eight to 10 modules pre-approved by your home university before you come to DCU as modules are subject to availability.
- Make sure you receive confirmation of your module choices from the study abroad team, who will register them for you.
- Remember that modules can change up to the first week of each semester, so check the available choices again before you arrive as there may be new modules listed.
Changing your module choice