Study abroad: Which modules can you choose?
If you choose DCU to study for a semester or a year, you can select accredited modules from our five study abroad streams, which broadly match our five faculties.
Choose one stream below -- it should be the stream that most closely matches your major. You can then download a list of module choices for that stream. Make sure you review the module choice checklist below and the more detailed guidelines.
Study abroad module choices (subject to change)
Download the module choices for the study abroad stream that interests you.
Incoming Students -Please note that due to the pandemic, modules and delivery modes are subject to change. Please email email@example.com if you have questions.
Exams or continuous assessment
In the module lists for each stream, all 100% continuous assessment classes (CA) classes are highlighted in green.
Module choice checklist
- The modules you select should total between 20 and 30 ECTS credits for each semester.
- Check if the modules you choose have prerequisites/corequisites, which is especially likely with science and engineering modules.
- Ensure you have at least eight to 10 modules pre-approved by your home university before you come to DCU as modules are subject to availability.
- Make sure you receive confirmation of your module choices from the study abroad team, who will register them for you.
- Remember that modules can change up to the first week of each semester, so check the available choices again before you arrive as there may be new modules listed.
Building your Timetable
As the lists from Study Abroad stream offer such a broad choice, students must build their timetable using the opentimetable. This short video on How to find your Study Abroad Timetable will also assist Study Abroad students. There are also other helpful videos available on Loop.
Changing your module choice
You may change your module choices when you arrive at DCU by using this online form. NOTE: Changes are not reflected on Loop in real time. It can take up to 48 hours before students see modules on Loop. We will notify students if there are any issues with a class choice, but otherwise on submission of form, assume that you are registered for your chosen module. We normally contact students within one day (or less) to advise of any issues.
Modules not running for Spring 2022 (updated in January 2022)
- LC120 (SALIS)
- LC279 (SALIS)
- LC421 (SALIS)
- MT318 (Business)
- MG325 (Business)
- MT313 (Business)
- CA4106 (Computing)
- CA382 (Computing)
- HR202 (Business)