Apply to DCU: Undergraduate Students
Academic Entry Requirements
If your country is not listed please contact email@example.com to request further information.
Non-EU/EU applications for full-time undergraduate programmes are broken down into several different categories
- All Non-EU applicants (including mature applicants) with Non Eu qualifications are required to apply directly to the University by 1st July. Please note that applications are accepted from October of the previous year of study and candidates will be notified of the status of their application within 4 weeks of application. Download an application form.
- Candidates taking higher education studies at another institution who are seeking to transfer onto a programme of study at DCU must apply directly to DCU by the 1st July. Download an application form.
- Candidates taking EU School Leaving or FETAC Level 5 examinations must apply through the Central Applications Office (CAO) by the 1st February or by the late application date of the 1st May. To apply through the CAO click here .
Incomplete application forms lead to delays in the processing of applications. Please ensure that you read the relevant 'checklist' at the back of the application forms before submitting
All qualifications will be taken into consideration in assessing these applications. Candidates are expected to:
- have taken school leaving examinations of a standard equivalent to the Irish Leaving Certificate or GCE A Level; and
- satisfy the general entry requirements and programme entry requirements outlined within the programme contents
- satisfy the English language requirements available by clicking here .
Special Application Procedures - B.Sc. in Nursing (4 year programme)
All candidates applying to the B.Sc in Nursing (4 year programme) must apply through the Central Applications Office regardless of their status as EU or Non-EU, or their eligibility to be considered as mature or transfer applicants. There are also separate CAO course codes for the purposes of assessing mature applicants (DC225/DC226/DC227). Mature applications must be made by the 1st February and are assessed by the Nursing Careers Centre of An Bord Altranais. All other applications must be made using the standard CAO codes (DC215/DC216/DC217) by the 1st February or by the late application date of the 1st May
In the case of non-EU candidates of mature years (23 years of age on the 1st January in the year of entry) 'other' experience, apart from their performance in their examinations, can be taken into consideration - this may be work experience, further studies or other such experience deemed to be relevant to the application. The University will require satisfactory evidence of their ability to pursue and profit from the programme.
In the case of Non-EU candidates who have completed or who are about to complete studies at higher level to a standard equivalent to a Higher National Diploma or 1 year of a British (Honours) degree, they may be considered for admission to year two or year three and be considered for other exemptions based on their studies to date. Full documentation, including transcripts, regarding these studies must be included in the application.
An interview may be required as part of the application assessment.
DCU welcomes applications from students who have successfully completed the NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY).