Anonymous Marking & Continuous Assessment
- Following the Government restrictions placed on DCU as a result of the Covid-19 virus emergency, the University has decided that Semester 2 and the Resits on-campus examinations for academic year 2020 will be replaced by an alternative assessment electronically submitted by the student.
- The Exam Marks component of the web entry system is based upon an anonymous exam number to identify the student's work. Anonymity has been temporarily suspended and the student will now be identified on the system by DCU STUDENT NUMBER and NAME.
- Some modules CA/Exam assessment breakdown datahave been changed in ITS (programme structures) which will impact on how marks will be uploaded by lecturers. The following table summarises how modules should be uploaded on the web entry system based on the changes to the module assessment detail.
ID Assessment Type (CA / Exam split) Exam Marks Entry System Continuous Assessment (CA) Marks Entry System 1 Module is 100% CA Enter marks here 2 Module previously had both CA and exam elements but has now been converted to 100% CA Enter marks here 3 Module is 100% Exam.
The onsite exam has been replaced with an online examination.
Enter marks here 4 Module has both CA and Exam elements.
The onsite exam has been replaced by an alternative final assessment.
Enter the Exam alternative final assessment here Enter CA marks here 5 Module is Exam Pass Fail Enter results here 6 Module is CA Pass Fail Enter results here
A more detailed upload guide can be found here
- The Marks Entry System for Anonymous Marking & Continuous Assessment is only available internally on the DCU staff network or by connecting to the VPN System off campus.
For instructions on how to setup a VPN connection see VPN Setup Instructions.
- Please contact your school secretary if you do not see your correct modules. The school secretary can update the module specifications system to grant you access.
Marks Entry System
User Guides - (These guides do not reflect the changes to Exam Marks Upload for Semester 2 and the resits in 2020)
Anonymous Marking Procedures
Anonymous Marking Amendments
The following amendments have been made to the Anonymous Marking System
Amend the selection criteria on both the Exam & Continuous assessment web marks entry screen.
Amend the selection criteria so that 'Programme' and 'Year of Study' options are optional fields. This allows an examiner to select a module and all students for that module across multiple programmes and display them on one screen, grouped by programme. This also allows the examiner to select module and programme and/or year of study, and view all the students that match those criteria, giving complete flexibility of choice. The advantage to examiners is that they are allowed to access modules taught over multiple programmes in an easy manner, grouped per programme, while maintaining the granularity of access using all three selection options.
Amend the sort order of the examiner reports displayed on the portal pages
Amend the sort order of the examiner reports displayed on the portal pages to allow examiners to sort by Student exam number (if available), alphabetically by student name and by programme. The advantage to examiners is that they are now able to choose the sort order and change the sort order depending on the nature of the request. This will provide easier access to locate results for individual students.
Amend the examiner report on the portal page to make key information available earlier.
Make continuous assessment and exam marks available on the examiner portal page before the final marks and result is calculated i.e. before the data has been entered into the ITS Study Record by the faculty office. The advantage to examiners is that they can identify how students performed at an earlier stage based upon the exam & continuous assessment marks. Please note the exam number will only be visible when the exam mark has been uploaded.