DCU President's Office | Oifig an Uachtaráin
Annual Report 2001 - National Distance Education Centre
annual report 2001
national distance education centre
Research Carried out / Ongoing
- Research on EU Policy on open distance learning for PhD thesis.
- Research on online pedagogy for Socrates Funded project.
- Research on market for ODL in Ireland. Funded by HEA.
- Research on management learning and development. Collaboration with DCU Centre for Research on Management Learning and Development.
- The use of Internet-based tools in open and distance learning.
- Development and use of on-line, interactive tutoring and assessment tools in the teaching of quantitative subjects to adult learners at a distance.
- Comparative studies of adult learning performance based on prior learning, socio-economic status, age and gender.
- The teaching of mathematics and science at a distance.
Research visits / TravelSaunders R
- Visit to AEC and Open University, Singapore with a view to presentation of Oscail programmes in Singapore and Malaysia.