New Incoming Undergraduate Student
NEW INCOMING UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT
14th - 17th September 2021
New incoming undergraduate students to DCU will receive communication from the University in late August / early September 2021, containing login username and password information. You must use this information to register online for your programme of study in Academic Year 2021/2022 from 14th to 17th September 2021. If you do not receive any communication by 6th September, please contact Registry.
Register for your course
To complete the online registration process students must -
- log onto https://www.dcu.ie/student-registration.shtml with your username and password
- check your registration schedule and make note of your optional modules, where a choice exists (You will be directed to the registration schedule when you login. Use this as a guide for selecting your modules)
- check / update your PPSN, biographical and next of kin details online
- click ‘I Accept’ to accept the rules and regulations of the University for the coming year
- register online correctly for your qualification (programme of study) and your modules
- pay your fees (Please note you are NOT registered by paying your fees only, you must complete all relevant steps of the online registration process)
- Your lecture timetable is due to be available on your Student Apps page from TBC. Your email address will be activated 24 hours after you have fully registered for your programme of study
- During the online registration process, undergraduate students will be asked some questions on your social, economic and cultural background which DCU asks on behalf of the Higher Education Authority (HEA). We encourage you to answer these questions, as the results contribute towards the financial assistance fund available to students in the University.
PLEASE NOTE IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE REGISTERED CORRECTLY FOR YOUR QUALIFICATION AND YOUR MODULES
Online Registration Step by Step Guide
Please click HERE to view the step by step Online Registration Guide which will assist you with the registration process.
'My DCU' Orientation
‘My DCU’ is your hub for pre-orientation and orientation information. Here you can access your personalised orientation information and a full overview of events on and off campus that you can attend throughout the year. Login here! https://www.dcu.ie/offers-cao-undergraduate
ID Validation and DCU Student ID Card
When you have completed the registration process, including ** fee payment, you will receive an email to your DCU student email account at the end of September, advising how you can complete the ID validation process and how to receive a DCU student ID card.
Your DCU ID card will be posted to the postal address provided during online registration.
These are the ONLY forms of identification accepted to obtain your student ID card –
- Current valid passport (from country of citizenship) OR
- Irish or UK Driving Licence OR
- Irish Driving Licence Learner Permit (new credit card format) OR
- National Identity Card for EU / EEA / Swiss citizens
If you see an error in your registration, please ensure you contact the Registry with your student number and details HERE immediately to have it rectified.