Registration for Professional Certificate and Diploma in Special and Inclusive Education
Registration for Professional Certificate and Diploma in Special and Inclusive Education (SIE)
Please review and choose from the three student types below to determine how and when you should register for the above programme -
Student Type 1
New incoming students for January intake of the above programme will be contacted by the University in early January 2020, with a welcome letter / email containing login username and password information. You must use this information to register online for your programme of study in Academic Year 2019/2020 from Monday 13th January to Wednesday 15th January 2020.
Student Type 2
Continuing students (students who were registered in previous academic years for this programme) registering on this programme for the first time in Academic Year 2019/2020 can also register online during the period Monday 13th January to Wednesday 15th January 2020.
Student Type 3
Current continuing students (students who have already registered for modules in Semester 1 of Academic Year 2019/2020) can register for additional modules for Semester 2 (January and April modules) during the specific SIE designated Change of Module period on 16th and 17th January. These students can also use the Change of Module window available to all other DCU students from 27th January to 7th February 2020.
Changes can be made free of charge through the following link by clicking on 'Registration for Semester 2 Modules' under 'My Details' - http://www.dcu.ie/iss/studentapps.shtml .
No module changes for Semester 2 will be permitted after 7th February 2020.
Please note if you were manually registered for this academic year by Registry you will be unable to change your modules online. Please click HERE to submit your module change request form and this will be processed in Registry for you. You must ensure when changing modules that you register for the same number of credits that you have cancelled.
To view a list of the optional modules available to you, please view the registration schedule below -
New Incoming students will receive email correspondence from DCU with information regarding the issuing of student ID cards. Prior to your student ID card being issued please ensure you have –
- logged onto https://www4.dcu.ie/student-registration.shtml/ with your username and password
- checked your registration schedule and made note of your optional modules, where a choice exists (You will be directed to the registration schedule when you login. Use this as a guide for selecting your modules)
- checked / updated your biographical and next of kin details online
- clicked ‘I Accept’ to accept the rules and regulations of the University for the coming year
- registered online correctly for your qualification (programme of study) and modules
- paid your fees (Please note you are NOT registered by paying your fees only, you must complete all relevant steps of the online registration process)
Checklist for receipt of Student ID card
- Student / PAC number
- Proof of fees payment; (bank giro receipt or online receipt)
- If you are in receipt of external funding please provide proof of this
- One of the following forms of identification (these are the only accepted forms of ID) -
- Current valid passport (from country of citizenship) OR
- Irish Driving Licence or Learner Permit (new credit card format) OR
- Birth Certificate with National Age Card issued by An Garda Siochána Photo ID OR
- Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) card OR
- National Identity Card for EU / EEA / Swiss citizens OR
- Irish Public Services Card
PLEASE NOTE IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE REGISTERED CORRECTLY FOR YOUR QUALIFICATION AND YOUR MODULES