NEW INCOMING UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT
9th – 13th September 2019
New incoming undergraduate students to DCU will receive communication from the University in early September 2019, containing login username and password information. You must use this information to register online for your programme of study in Academic Year 2019/2020 from 9th to 13th September 2019. If you do not receive any communication by 9th September, please contact Registry.
Orientation week takes place from Friday 13th to Friday 20th September and student card collection / ID verification is scheduled as part of this week. Information regarding Orientation will be available at this link http://dcu.ie/students/orientation/index.shtml in August 2019.
Please take note of the day and time you are scheduled to collect your student ID card and attend this with your class group.
Prior to collecting your student ID card please ensure you have –
- logged onto https://www4.dcu.ie/student-registration.shtml with your username and password
- checked your registration schedule and made note of y our optional modules, where a choice exists (You will be directed to the registration schedule when you login. Use this as a guide for selecting your modules)
- completed the HEA Survey online
- checked / updated your PPSN, biographical and next of kin details online
- clicked ‘I Accept’ to accept the rules and regulations of the University for the coming year
- registered online correctly for your qualification (programme of study) and your modules
- paid your fees (Please note you are NOT registered by paying your fees only, you must complete all relevant steps of the online registration process)
Checklist for collection of Student ID card
- Student / CAO number
- You may also be required to provide proof of payment of registration fee; (bank giro receipt / online receipt / SUSI grant approval letter) if you do not pay your fee at the same time as registering for your programme of study and modules
- One of the following forms of identification (these are the only accepted forms of ID) -
- Current valid passport (from country of citizenship) OR
- Irish Driving Licence or Learner Permit (new credit card format) OR
- Birth Certificate with National Age Card issued by An Garda Siochána Photo ID OR
- Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) card OR
- National Identity Card for EU / EEA / Swiss citizens OR
- Irish Public Services Card
- Form NVB1 Vetting Invitation - only applies to programmes where Vetting is a requirement.
PLEASE NOTE IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE YOU ARE REGISTERED CORRECTLY FOR YOUR QUALIFICATION AND YOUR MODULES