Resit Examinations & Continuous Assessments
INFORMATION: RESIT EXAMINATIONS & CONTINUOUS ASSESSMENTS 2023
If you have failed or deferred modules during the Academic session, these modules should be taken at the next available opportunity as defined in reassessment requirement in the module descriptors (this may be summer 2023 or the next academic session). Modules taken in the summer are defined as resits for failed and deferred students.
Please find information below on:
- Interpreting your results
- Resit Arrangements for your fail/deferred module
- Registration for Resits 2023
Interpreting your results
Information regarding your results is included on the exam results page and on your transcript. The explanation of result codes is included on the reverse of the transcript and at the bottom of the exam results page. Please ensure that you consult this for any failed or deferred modules to inform you what you need to resit.
R: Resit examination element only
F: Fail, resit all elements (continuous assessment and examination)
S: Resit assessment element as per module descriptor
X: Resit failed examination element
W: Resit failed coursework element
D or I Deferred/Illness. Resit elements not attempted at first opportunity (CA/Exam or both)
Each module descriptor defines the resit arrangements for the module.
Category 1: A resit is available for all elements of the module
Category 2: No resit is available for 100% CA module (this module must be taken as a repeat in the next academic session)
Category 3: No resit is available for the CA element (must resit examination even if passed examination already)
Registration for Resits 2023
- If all your modules are deferred, you are not required to register online or pay the resit fee. However, if you have a failed result in any module then you must register for your resits.
- Registration opens on Wednesday 14th June 2023 - 31st July 2023.
- The resit registration fee is €150 irrespective of the number of resits to be taken.
- A late registration fee of an additional €50 (€200 in total) will apply for students who do not register by 31st July 2023. Students who do not register will not receive results when promulgated on 29th August until the outstanding fee is paid.
- Please note that the registration fee is not refundable if you decide at a later date that you do not wish to take your resits.
- Detailed instructions on how to register on the 14th of June will be sent by the Registry in advance.
Please be advised that if you do not complete your outstanding resits, you will be recorded as absent for these modules at the Autumn Progression and Award Boards and will have to retake them the next academic year.
If you have already passed all modules for Academic year 2022/23 please go to the information page Registration for academic year 2023/2024.