Anti Racism Training for All Staff
Course Code: DCU171
Participants are empowered with knowledge and skills to identify and correct previously unrecognized patterns which could negatively impact inclusion efforts. With shared language and a clearer understanding of how various dimensions of racism are producing unjust and inequitable outcomes for underrepresented groups, DCU staff will be better equipped to foster an antiracist and inclusive experience within their workplace.
At the end of the session, participants will:
- Understand the construction of race and institutional racism within Irish society and Irish workplaces.
- Understand the different dimensions of racism and how they can act together to reinforce inequalities.
- Recognise how white supremacy culture operates and manifests in workplace practice, policies and procedures.
- Understand the complexity and intersectionality of race, gender, class, ability and other identities and their accompanying power or lack of power.
- Know how to apply an anti-racism framework to working relationships, team working, managing, hiring, advising and mentoring.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
1. Log in to your Core HR portal
2. Click the Learning and Development tab
3. Type DCU171 into the Keywords search field and click Search.