Communicating Your Research*
Course code: DCU029
*This course forms part the Professional Skills for Research Leaders (PSRL) programme
Course Fee: For PSRL programme participants, the fee is covered by the overall charge associated with the programme. The cost of this course for those not participating on the PSRL Programme is €75.
About the course:
As a research leader you not only have to do good research, you also have to become skilled at communicating your findings, explaining the implications for your field and the community at large, and highlighting the importance of research itself. The aim of this course is to explore the many ways in which you can develop your communication skills including presenting at conferences, publishing your research and dealing with the media.
By the end of this course you will have:
- Developed your communication strategy
- Received tips on presenting at conferences and publishing your research
- Explored how to deal with the media
- Examined various digital tools and media
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
1. Log in to your Core HR portal
2. Click the Learning and Development tab
3. Type DCU029 into the Keywords search field and click Search.