University Leadership Management Programme (ULM)
Course Code: DCU050
This programme is currently running fully online and will return to its blended format as soon is possible.
Developed by HR Learning and Development, this blended learning programme supports academic staff appointed to leadership positions in DCU, and staff who are considering taking up leadership or management roles.
The programme addresses the theory and practice of leadership and management, placing it in the context of DCU.
- 6 online courses
- 21 hours of online learning
- 5 group workshops (delivered online via zoom)
- Runs over a 4-month period
The programme is delivered in a flipped-classroom environment, with learners sent targeted lessons ahead of workshops and complete quizzes at the end of each lesson.
Please note that for now, workshops will be delivered online over zoom but may be 'blended' later on in the year.
Five two-hour online workshops (11.00am - 1.00pm) support our blended approach.
- Workshop 1: Leadership and Management - Wednesday 10th March 2021
- Workshop 2: Organisational Culture and Change - Wednesday 7th April 2021
- Workshop 3: Strategic Planning - Wednesday 5th May 2021
- Workshop 4: Managing People -Wednesday 26th May 2021
- Workshop 5: Managing Resources - Wednesday 16th June 2021
- Academics who have been appointed to leadership positions e.g. Head of School, Associate Dean
- Academics considering taking up leadership and/or management roles in the future
- Managers of departments, sections and centres
- Managers who wish to further enhance their leadership and management skills.
- Address the theory and practice of leadership and management in universities
- Explore how to become an effective leader and manager in a university setting
- Better appreciate university cultures, change and conflict
- Explore effective strategic planning
- Identify how to play a key role in people management
- Gain a better understanding of resource management
After completing this programme participants will be able to:
- Appreciate how management and leadership in universities differ from those of other organisations
- Apply a number of principles and techniques to increase effectiveness in an academic environment
- Gain greater insight into how and why appropriate leadership and management can promote collegiality, build trust, improve motivation and the accountability of a school/department.
Course Fee: €150
To find out more about this online programme, please email email@example.com.
Applications are now closed for the current academic year 2021