Writing for the Web
Course code: DCU110
Do you create content for the DCU website or related web pages? Are you clearly communicating in writing? Or are you afraid that visitors to your pages get lost or are overwhelmed because there’s too much text?
A university's website is its shop window. It’s also used to communicate crucial information to all staff. Text on a screen is more difficult to read than in print, so it’s important to be concise and the follow the principles of good writing on the web.
This blended workshop combines prework in the form of a targeted LinkedIn Learning course with a 2-hour web-writing clinic hosted by DCU L&D and DCU Comms. You’ll learn how create reader-friendly content that makes an impact and get practical answers to the challenges you’ve encountered in creating content.
After completing this workshop you will be able to
- recognise the ways people read on the web
- identify the basics of writing clear, concise content
- make text scannable
- use signposts to make your content more understandable
- apply our practical advice to your own web content
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
1. Log in to your Core HR portal