Chairing a Research Viva Voce
Course code: DCU008
The following programme, facilitated by the Graduate Studies Offices, is designed to support academic colleagues who are at the early stage of their research career and want to understand the role of, and participate as, a Viva Voce Chairperson.
The programme will benefit academic colleagues who are at an early stage supervising research students, and either in the early stage of their research career or expect to take on the role of Viva Voce Chairperson in the near future.
The aims of the programme are to:
- Provide participants with the opportunity to develop themselves as an Viva Voce Chairperson
- Explore the role of a Chairperson, examination criteria and outcomes
- Discuss common practices before, during and post the Viva Voce process, plus interaction with the examiners
- Highlight the policies, procedures and experience around the Viva Voce examination process and recommendations
- Highlight the approach taken during COVID-19.
This session is scheduled to take place again in Semester 2 on May 14th 2024 is available to book through the Core Portal
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
1. Log in to your Core HR portal
2. Click the Learning and Development tab
3. Type DCU008 into the Keywords search field and click Search.