Data Visualisation with Excel
Course code: DCU109
- Anyone working with data who is interested in using data visualisation to more effectively communicate their results
- Researchers, business analysts, data analysts, professionals involved in reporting
Visualization gives you answers to questions you didn’t know you had.
Ben Shneiderman, Computer scientist
The use of analytics, statistics and data science in research and business has grown massively in recent years. Visualising data, and analytics results, is one of the most effective ways to communicate these insights from a broad range of research and business analysis functions. This course will cover the fundamentals of data visualisation needed to create compelling visualisations from data, along with the practical skills to do this.
After attending this course, participants will understand how to design and build data visualisations in Microsoft Excel, which can be best used to communicate actionable insights from data.
Specifically, we will address:
- Fundamentals of data visualisation
- From business questions to data visualisation, and beyond
- The fundamentals of using Microsoft Excel for reporting and dashboards
- The Visualisation Zoo: visualising different characteristics of data: trends, comparisons, correlations using excel
- Designing and creating effective dashboards in Microsoft Excel.
Basic competence in using Microsoft Excel.
It was a brilliant course, really enjoyed it.
Participant April 2022
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
1. Log in to your Core HR portal
2. Click the Learning and Development tab
3. Type DCU109 into the Keywords search field and click Search.