Developing and Consolidating your Research Career
Course code: DCU020
Delivered by Learning and Development in collaboration with Research and Innovation Support, this course forms part of the ILM-accredited Professional Skills for Research Leaders (PSRL) programme and is only available to programme participants.
This course is for those engaged in fulltime research (including postdoctoral researchers, research and senior research fellow) who are
- interested in finding out more about themselves and how they might be able to develop their career
- considering their career options
- facing career decisions
A blended approach is taken where participants are invited to complete pre-work one the online programme PSRL programme before attending the course and includes preparation for the one-to-one meeting following the workshop.
The career of a researcher is both unique and exciting. This programme aims to support researchers in examining at their interests and abilities, their career objectives and develop strategies for their career that work for them.
The course aims to help you to:
- Review your research career
- Identify your career objectives
- Consider your career options
- Identify your transferable skills
- Establish how work fits into the rest of your life
- Make more effective career decisions
Course Fee: For PSRL programme participants, the fee is covered by the overall programme charge.
Additional date of 16th December 2021 available to book through Core
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
1. Log in to your Core HR portal
2. Click the Learning and Development tab
3. Type DCU020 into the Keywords search field and click Search.