Developing Your Professional Portfolio in Teaching and Learning
Course code: DCU021
Facilitated by the Teaching Enhancement Unit.
An online teaching portfolio offers a platform to document and reflect on approaches to learning and teaching and to evidence the steps taken towards developing teaching excellence, including professional development, research, community contributions and awards. A teaching portfolio can be used as a tool for personal and professional development, career advancement, or for general reflective purposes to refine and enhance teaching practice. Increasingly portfolios are showcased online so that practice and teaching successes are shared among communities of educators and inviting discussion and further sharing about practice from peers.
This 1.5 hour session explores teaching portfolios for faculty members. Sample teaching portfolios will be presented and guidance offered as to the first steps needed to develop an online teaching portfolio that reflects the DCU Academic Development & Promotion Framework. Training will be provided in the Reflect learning portfolio as the platform to develop and share teaching portfolios. 2 follow-up sessions of 1 hour will be provided to scaffold the creation of a teaching Portfolio
The course aims to assist participants:
- Examine how teaching portfolios/ePortfolios play a role in career development, and to enhance teaching practice
- Explore examples of teaching portfolios/ePortfolios from across the disciplines
- Create or update their teaching portfolio to reflect the DCU Academic Development & Promotion Framework
- Develop their competencies with the Reflect Learning Portfolio.
Additional date of 3rd May 2022 morning session available to book through Core
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
1. Log in to your Core HR portal
2. Click the Learning and Development tab
3. Type DCU021 into the Keywords search field and click Search.