Grant Writing Workshop for Researchers and Academics
Course code: DCU025
*This course, run by Research and Innovation Support (RIS) and Learning and Development, forms part of the ILM Accredited Professional Skills for Research Leaders (PSRL) programme. However, you can apply for it as a one-off workshop by registering below.
Aims of this course:
This course will help you optimise your grant application writing habits and begin a progression of grant applications of ever-increasing scope to achieve success.
The areas covered will include:
- Planning your research project resources
- Writing the proposal - including common components of a research proposal. technical content, impact and CV's for funding applications.
A blended approach is taken where participants will be invited to complete some pre-work using the online programme Professional Skills for Research Leaders before attending this course.
At the end of this workshop, participants will have learned:
The important principles of writing successful grant applications in line with DCU and funding body procedures in order to succeed in competitive funding calls and how to prepare well in advance for future calls.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
1. Log in to your Core HR portal
2. Click the Learning and Development tab
3. Type DCU025 into the Keywords search field and click Search.