Understanding the Post Grad Examination Processs
Course code: DCU006
This programme, facilitated by the Graduate Studies Offices, is designed to support academic colleagues who are at the early stage of their career as research award examiners.
Understanding Postgraduate Examination Processes
The aims of the programme are to:
- Provide participants with the opportunity to develop themselves as an examiner at research level
- Explore examination criteria and outcomes
- Discuss research on how the standard for theses at masters and doctoral research is established by examiners, and how examiners become established in their own practice
- Highlight the policies, procedures and experience around examining including the viva voce examination process and recommendations
Please note that a minimum of 5 participants is required to run each session, therefore some sessions may be combined.
An additional date is scheduled for 3rd May 2022 - this option will be available when booking through Core
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
1. Log in to your Core HR portal
2. Click the Learning and Development tab
3. Type DCU006 into the Keywords search field and click Search.