Printing - Multi Function Printers
Multi Function Printer
DCU uses Ysoft Safe Q as the printing management system for student printing.
To login to student printing, please click on the image below:
Multi Function Printer provides several functionalities such as:
For tutorials on how to print follow the links below:
- Printing from a PC in a computer Lab
- Print from USB flash drive (supported formats pdf, gif, jpg & tiff only)
- Web Printing (print from your laptop)
For tutorials on how to scan follow the link below:
- Print Queue – Print jobs are submitted to a queue - rather than a specific printer.
- Follow Me – collect your B&W print jobs from any device.
- You may collect black & white print jobs from any MFP device.
- You may collect colour prints ONLY from colour MFP devices.
- 24 hours – collect your prints within 24 hours (deleted after 24 hours - no charge).
- Secure - authenticate to use device/collect prints (student card or username & password).
- Single sided printing is default. You must manually select duplex before printing if required.
- Funds remaining on a student account at the end of the year can not be refunded or transferred to another student.
Printing, scanning and copying guide can be downloaded here.
Top up your Student Print Account balance Credit/Debit Card:
- Login to your Student Print Account
- Enter your DCU network username and password
- In the left hand menu, click on 'Add Credit'
- Your username and current balance will be displayed, as well as a drop down list of the amount to add to your account.
- Select the amount you wish to add, €2 or above and click 'Add Value'
- You will be redirected to a secure RealEx server, which will prompt you to enter your Credit/Debit card details.
- Once you've entered these details and they are verified, you will be presented with a link to return to your Student Print Account page.
- Please note that it may take a couple of minutes for the credit amount to be applied from your bank account to your print account.
You can print from any digital device to a printer of your choice.
Please note: Webprint is only available while connected on a DCU campus.
Please follow the following instructions on how to web print to find out more.
- Open a web browser and type the following into the search bar: https://print.dcu.ie and press enter.
- Enter your DCU user name followed by your DCU password and press enter
- From the lefthand side of this screen select upload job and press enter.
- Click on the green select file button, locate the file you wish to print and press enter.
- Your document is now ready to be uploaded and it will be printed in black & white and double sided by default. Note this can be changed at the printer.
- Press the blue upload button at the bottom of the page to complete the process.
It is now possible to send a document or an image directly to a printer via email
- Log into your DCU email account.
- Press compose to commence the process.
- Click on the attach button at the bottom of the page.
- Locate the file you wish to print and click on attach.
- To complete the process, send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will receive an email from the printer to confirm that your file has been queued and ready to be print
- Your print job will be held in the print q for 24 hours and is retrievable from any printer on campus
Please note, email mail print will only print your attachments in black and white.
If you wish to color print, please use quick print.
Documents that are supported on the printers are listed in the table below:
|Document Type||Document Extension|
|Microsoft Office document family||doc, docx, docm, dot, dotx, dotm, rtf, xls, xlsx, xlsm, xlsb, xltx, xltm, csv, ppt, pptx, pps, ppsx, pot, potx|
|Open Office document family||odp, ods, odt, ott|
|HTML and Mime HTML documents||html, htm, mhtml, xhtml|
|Images||jpg, jpeg, png, bmp, gif, tiff, ico, wmf, emf, svg|
|Other||txt, pdf, xml, fo, xps, epub|
How to Print/Photocopy/Scan
It is now possible to Print, Photocopy and Scan, for instructions on how to how to, please click here.
QUICK GUIDE: How to Photocopy
- Touch your Student Card on the target to begin.
- Touch 'Device Functions'
- Place the originals face up in the document feed tray or face down on the glass.
- Touch the screen to select the ‘No. of Sets’ required
- Press the Blue Start Button
- Collect your copies from the tray underneath and press the ‘Access’ button to log out
Given the large volume of printing, paper jams, toner problems and print quality issues will inevitably occur.
Student Print Account allows users to request a refund for problematic jobs that have failed to complete but have been charged to your account.
If you do encounter an issue with printing and require a refund, please approach the ISS student help desk and speak to a member of ISS support staff.
Printer Locations & Rates
|Single Sided||Double Sided||Single Sided||Double Sided|
|Black & White||€0.08||€0.12||€0.16||€0.28|
Duplex Discount €0.02 less per page || Scanning is €0.02 per scan.
|Location||Room||Size||B & W||Colour||Multifunction|
|O'Reilly Library GLA||Ground Floor x 4||A4||✔||✔||✔|
|O'Reilly Library GLA||First Floor x 1||A4||✔||✔||✔|
|O'Reilly Library GLA||Second Floor x 1||A4||✔||✔||✔|
|School of Communications||GLA CG60||A4||✔||✔||✔|
|School of Communications||GLA C106||A4||✔||✔||✔|
|School of Communications||GLA C116||A4||✔||✔||✔|
|Health & Human Performance||GLA AG41||A4||✔||✔||✔|
|Health & Human Performance||GLA XB27||A4||✔||✔||✔|
|Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering||GLA SB40||A4||✔||✔||✔|
St Patricks Campus / All Hallows Campus
|Location||Room||Size||B & W||Colour||Multifunction|
|Cregan Library SPC||Ground Floor x 3||A4||✔||✔||✔|
|Cregan Library SPC||First Floor x 2||A4||✔||✔||✔|
|Cregan Library SPC||Second Floor x 1||A4||✔||✔||✔|
|D Block, SPC||SPC D318||A4||✔||✔||✔|
|All Hallows Campus||AHC SG13||A4||✔||✔||✔|