School of Psychology
Area of Expertise
Areas of Expertise
Our research is in strategically important areas and addresses such questions as:
- What is the impact of physical health/physical changes to the body on psychological well-being?
- How does psychological wellbeing impact on the experience of illness and/or disability?
- How can we enhance personal, health and social outcomes for people by empowering and enabling them to live well?
- How does/can technology enable people to live personally meaningful lives?
- How do people of all ages and abilities learn?
- How can principles of behaviour and behaviour change bring about meaningful behaviour change in areas of importance for the individuals involved?
- What brain areas lead to substance use disorders?
- How does the brain process sensory information?