Professional Development modules
At the School of Nursing, Psychotherapy and Community Health, a variety of contemporary practice focused modules have been developed to respond to the educational needs of nurses and other healthcare professionals. Some are in partnership with healthcare institutions, the HSE and both statutory and voluntary sector organisations.
We use a variety of teaching and assessment methods to ensure these modules are an enjoyable educational experience for participants. All are supported by our online learning environment Loop which facilitates student learning during modules.
These modules are available nationally or within DCU and can run specifically for services on request.
The School welcomes the opportunity to develop new modules that address the ever-changing education needs of the health care sector.
- NS5057 Surgical Skills for Healthcare Practitioners (Flyer) (Summary and Application form) - applications close 5pm, Monday 2nd December 2019
- NS5058 Informatics in eHealth - Application form
- NS4543 Teaching and Assessing in Healthcare Practice (Application form)
- NS5102 Dermatology Treatments and Therapies (Summary and Application form)
- NS5077 Chronic Skin Conditions (Summary and Application form)
- Information on the Graduate Certificate in Dermatology (DC741) is available on the DCU online prospectus: https://www.dcu.ie/courses/Postgraduate/snhs/Graduate-Certificate-Dermatology.shtml
- NS466 (level 8) Personal Centred Dementia Care - application form
- NS568 (level 9) Personal Centred Approaches to Dementia Care - application form
Children's NursingDelivered at Temple Street Children's University Hospital in collaboration with DCU
- NS443 Care of Children with Renal Disease - (Flyer) - application form - Applications close 5pm, Monday 16th December 2019
- NS465 Nursing the Child with Airway Dysfunction (Flyer) - application form - Applications close 5pm, Monday 17th February 2020
- NS485 Care of Children & Adolescents with Diabetes (Flyer) - application form - Applications close 5pm, Monday 17th February 2020
- NS486 Children's Neuroscience Care - (Flyer) - application form - Applications close 5pm, Monday 16th December 2019
HomelessnessDelivered in DCU in collaboration with the Dublin Region Homeless Agency (DRHA)
- NS462 Effective Management in Homeless Services
- NS487 Cooperative Learning: Service Improvement Leadership for Mental Health
- NS4022 Principles and Practice of Peer Support and Peer Advocacy in Mental Health
- NS464 Mental Health in Primary Care Setting
For Further Information Contact:
T: 01 700 8528