Faculty of Engineering and Computing
Facts and Figures: Faculty of Engineering and Computing
- DCU is ranked 1st in Ireland for graduate employability rate.
- DCU is ranked 23rd globally for graduate employability rate.
- 91% of graduates are in employment or further education 6 months after graduation.
- Engineer graduates can practice as professional engineers in many countries, both in the EU and in the signatory countries of the Washington Accord which include: Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland (engineers Ireland), Japan, New Zealand, Singapore, South Africa, The UK & The USA.
Staff, Facilities and Programmes
- 261 academics, technical and admin staff.
- State of the art laboratories, classrooms, and technology.
- 9 Undergraduate programmes
- Our undergraduates have an INTRA internships module in which they gain real world relevant work experience.
- 10 postgraduate programmes.
- World renowned research.
- Hosts or participates in a number of scale research centers, including INSIGHT, ADAPT, Entwine and I-Form.
- An average of 296 research publications per annum.
- Over 100 Research Students.
- The Faculty of Engineering and computing were successful as partners in 3 SFI – Funded Centres for Research Training to support approximately 80-100 PhD students, over a 4-year intake, in areas of AI, machine learning and digitally enhanced reality.
- There are over 2400 students in the Faculty of Engineering and Computing and more than a third are international.
- Our engineering degree programmes have international recognition through agreements with Engineers Ireland.