Faculty of Engineering and Computing - Foundation Studies (Engineering)
Faculty of Engineering & Computing
Select a Programme
In DCU you can join an Honours Engineering programme directly by giving one of our programmes a preference in the CAO form in the normal way. This option is particularly suitable to students who are expecting to meet the Direct Entry Requirements.
You must meet the matriculation requirements (Grade C3 in two Higher Level subjects and Grade D3 in four Ordinary or Higher Level subjects including: Mathematics AND English or Irish, and a programme specific requirement of HC3 in Mathematics OR HC3 in Applied Mathematics with HD2 in Mathematics.
Of course it doesn’t end there. All programmes in the CAO process are competitive so it is important that you amass as large a number of Leaving Certificate points as possible to maximise the likelihood that you will get a programme high in your preference list – your first preference programme if at all possible.
To get more information on any Honours Engineering Programmes, please select the following links:
- DC190 - B.Eng. in Electronic and Computer Engineering (Bachelor Honours Degree)
(With Majors in Systems and Devices, High-speed Communications, Digital Interaction and the Internet of Things)
- DC193 - B.Eng. in Mechatronic Engineering (Bachelor Honours Degree)
- DC195 - B.Eng. Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering (Bachelor Honours Degree)
- DC197 - B.Eng. BioMedical Engineering (Bachelor Honours Degree)
- DC200 - B.Eng. Common Entry to Engineering (Electronics)