Launch of Distributed Evaluation and Planning in Schools (DEAP) MOOC
The MOOC was produced by the DEAPS project team drawn from Portugal, Bulgaria, Belgium and Ireland and is a resource that will be made freely available to all educators within Europe and beyond.
The objective of the MOOC was to provide a resource to support secondary teachers in the practice of Distributed Evaluation and Planning in Schools. The course was developed in an open access format to introduce and build capacity for Schools’ in promoting inclusive SSE by providing them with the tools to involve different stakeholding groups - parents, students and management boards in the process of School Self Evaluation (SSE). The Course is available in four languages: English, Portuguese, Dutch and Turkish to help School communities understand the process of DEAPS.
These aims draw on the findings of the study that included in its methodology:
- Literature survey
- Questionnaire of schools in each partner country
- A conceptual framework to guide practice
- Case study of schools in each partner country
- The Practitioner Training Module
- Feedback derived from the two multiplier events
These activities yielded insights that provide guidance in the implementation of Distributed Evaluation and Planning in Schools. In particular, the literature survey. the conceptual framework and the toolkit provided a theoretical basis for the Online Course and the case studies allowed for the development of further resources. Additional research by personnel in the four partner institutions revealed other suitable resources for teachers.
Drafting of the Online Course
Based on the data gathered in the study, partners drafted the Online Course in two parts.
The first part of the Online course included:
- A theoretical section providing a summary of the literature review
- A summary of the conceptual framework.
- Summary findings derived from the case studies
The second part of the course included:
- An overview of Distributed Evaluation and Planning in Schools
- The Core Ingredients for DEAPS
- Practical Suggestions for Organising and Managing DEAPS
- How to use the toolkit
The MOOC is now available at www.ollscoil.eu