ENERGY AT DCU | ESTATES
DCU Energy Policy
Dublin City University is committed to responsible Energy Management and will strive to efficiently manage and reduce the consumption of Energy whilst providing an optimal learning and research environment.
Our policy is to meet or exceed best practice in Energy Efficiency and to minimise Environmental impact as far as is practicable.
To achieve our objectives DCU will practice responsible Energy Management throughout all our Campuses, in addition to it being a key element of our overall Sustainability Strategy.
To achieve our objectives we plan to:
- Use Energy in a prudent and responsible manner
- Procure Fuels at the most economic cost
- Reduce the Consumption of Fossil Fuels
- Utilise Energy from Sustainable sources where practical
- Monitor and Report Energy Performance
- Promote Energy Awareness amongst both Students and Staff
- Identify and implement Energy Efficiency measures throughout all of our Faculties
- Incorporate Energy Efficient and Sustainable Designs for both new Build and Refurbishment building projects
- Target a reduction in Energy Consumption and Pollution Emissions in line with Ireland’s National Energy Efficiency Action Plan
- Promote Sustainable Energy Management practices
- Please click here to download a PDF Version