We are currently trying to put in place new Irish language courses.
In the meantime, we recommend you access DCU's highly-regarded FutureLearn Irish Language Programme (free).
Bunrang 1 - Beginners Irish Language Course
Course Code: DCU045
Do you need to know the basics of Irish for your job at DCU or have a general interest in learning the language? This course open to staff members who have not come through the Irish educational system, and have no previous experience of learning Irish. The classes don't just support the College’s mission to promote the language, but also help the university to practically implement aspects of the Irish Language Act 2003.
Dates: To be confirmed
Times: 12:00pm - 12:45pm
Course provider: In conjunction with Siobhán Seoighe, Oifigeach Gaeilge DCU.
You will learn basic Irish needed to better deal with queries in Irish from students, staff and the general public. We'll take a fun approach to introducing you to our native language in a relaxed and convienient setting on campus. The classes are fun as lunchtime sessions.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and use familiar everyday Irish expressions and basic phrases
- Introduce yourself and others
- Ask and answer questions about everyday life and personal details, such as where you live, people you know and things you have
- Start interacting in social settings with speakers of Irish
- Begin learning core grammatical aspects of Irish
Course Fee: Nil
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
1. Log in to your Core HR portal