DCU Employment Permits Guidelines
A Spouse and/or dependant of an existing employment permit holder can apply for a Spousal/Dependant permit in order to legally undertake employment in the State.
The spouse or dependant must be legally resident in the State on the basis of being a dependant of an employment permit holder. The employment permit holder must have one of the following:
- A valid Hosting Agreement
- A valid Green Card permit
- A valid Work Permit of 12 months or more where the first work permit application was received by the DETI before 1 June 2009
- A valid Working Visa issued before 31 December 2006
- A valid Work Authorisation issued before 31 December 2006
NB. The employment permit holder must still be working within the terms of their employment permit.
As the processing timeframe can vary significantly please refer to the following link for an accurate estimate of timeframe at time of application http://www.deti.ie/labour/workpermits/processingdates.htm Applications should be prepared well in advance of the proposed start or renewal date (please see the Applying for a Spousal/Dependant Permit Section).
There is no application fee applicable.
Key Provisions & Benefits
- The permit is linked to the mail employment permit holder, .i.e. the employment permit holder must still be working within the terms of their employment permit
- Allows for the individual any type of work, i.e. there are no ineligible job categories
- There is no application fee required
Applying for a Spousal Dependant Permit
For further information on applying for a Spousal/Dependant permit please click on the following link Applying for a Spousal/Dependant Permit and speak to Róisin Ui Fhloinn (ext. 7591) and/or Catriona Coffey (ext. 7386) in HR.
Further Information on Spousal Dependant Permits
All terms and conditions relating to Spousal/Dependant permits can be found at: http://www.djei.ie/labour/workpermits/spousaldependantemploymentpermit.htm