Payment for Correcting end of Semester Exam / Assessments
Am I Eligible?
The following staff members are eligible to claim for correcting end of semester exam / assessments.
- Assistant Professor (formally Lecturer Above Bar)
- Lecturer (formally Lecturer Below Bar)
- Teaching Assistant
What can I claim for?
Payment for the correction of assessments / examinations is based on the principle of one payment per student per module. The rate of payment is determined by the module credit e.g. 5 credit module €2.52, 10 credit €5.04. Payment can be made for assignments / exams that contribute towards student's overall assessment for a module.
A module may include two methods of assessment e.g. an assignment worth 40% of the module and an end of semester examination worth 60%. The module in this example is a five credit module with a rate of payment of €2.52. Therefore the staff member correcting the assignment can claim 40% of €2.52 per student (i.e. €1.00) and the staff member correcting the examination can claim 60% of the €2.52 (i.e. €1.52).
How do I claim?
- Ensure that you are eligible to claim.
- Complete all sections of the Payment for Marking Exam Scripts Form [HRF009.2] in full. Claims can only be processed if forms are completed in full.
- When the form is completed by you it must be signed by the Head of School or his / her nominee.
- Once completed and signed the form should be submitted to the relevant contact in your Faculty office and / or School Office who will then submit the form to HR for processing.
- Any queries should be directed to your Faculty in the first instance.
When should claims be made and when is payment processed?
- All claims for the previous academic year must be submitted by January of the following year
- Claims will only be processed for payment for the current and previous academic year
- Claims can't be processed until after the publication of results in each exam session. We will endeavour to process payments within three months after this point.