Forced to Flee: Conflict in Syria and the Movement of People
DCU’s Institute for International Conflict Resolution and Reconstruction (IICRR) and Trócaire are hosting a one-day conference on the conflict in Syria, the displacement of people and the resulting humanitarian crisis.
It takes place in DCU on Wednesday 18th November 2015 from 09.30 to 17.00.
Themes to be considered include:
- nature and human impact of conflict in the region
- humanitarian issues arising in the region and in Europe
- political, legal, and ethical aspects of regional and European response
- implications of arrival of winter
Speakers confirmed include:
- Salam Kawakibi (Arab Reform Initiative)
- Paola Rivetti (DCU Middle East specialist)
- Boldizsár Nagy (Central European University)
- Réiseal Ni Chéilleachair (Trócaire)
- Gillian Wylie (Irish School of Ecumenics, Trinity College Dublin) TCD
- Julian Waagensen (Trócaire)
Registration will open in the week beginning 9th November - details for registration and the full programme will be posted on this site. If you would like to receive the full programme when it is finalised and details of how to register, please send your details via this form.