Certificate in Religious Studies Part-time (DC996)
Certificate in Religious Studies Part-time
The Certificate develops knowledge, skills and competencies in key areas of Catholic education and, for qualified primary educators, fulfills the requirements of the Irish Bishops Conference to teach Religious Education in Catholic primary schools in Ireland.
(Recognition of Qualifications to Teach Catholic Religious Education in Catholic Primary Schools in the Island of Ireland ).
Entry to the CRS PT programme is open to any teacher with a qualification to teach in a primary school in Ireland, which is recognised by the Teaching Council of Ireland.
The course consists of four modules in total which are delivered during the academic year.
- CCE 501 Religious Education
- This module is delivered in a blended manner. The module involves face-to-face at DCU Institute of Education, St Patrick's Campus, Drumcondra, Dublin 9 and asynchronous content in September/October.
- CCE 502 Introduction to Theology
- This module is delivered online asynchronously which enables students to access the content at a time which is convenient to their schedules. The module is available to students in November/December.
- CCE 503 Spirituality, Liturgy and Sacraments
- This module is delivered online asynchronously which enables students to access the content at a time which is convenient to their schedules. The module is available to students in January/February.
- CCE 504 Moral and Systematic Theology
Each module is worth five credits. Full attendance at lectures is a requirement of the programme. All modules have two distinct components which are each assessed by a 1,500 -2,000 word assignments, or equivalent. The workload is very manageable and the vast majority of our students are working full time while completing the programme.
Dates in Table are Subject to Change for Academic Year 2023/24
The fees for the CRS PT programme are 1,200 euro for 2023/24 (60% of total registration fee must be paid upon registration).
Applications for the CRS PT programme are made through the Student Recruitment Portal.
(Useful support is available on the Guide to the Student Application Portal at the following link).
The course code is DC996 and the closing date is 12 August 2023.
You will be required to pay a non-refundable application fee of €50 at this stage.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Programme Chair should you have any questions regarding the application process.
For further information, please contact: Dr David Kennedy, Programme Chair, CRS PT
Tel: 01 7009242 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org