Academic Governance & Regulations
This team consists of three people: Ms Margaret Irwin-Bannon, Ms Valerie Cooke and Ms Gráinne Curran.
The team’s responsibilities include management of the following:
- the business of Academic Council and of its three main subcommittees: Education Committee, University Standards Committee and Graduate Research Studies Board
- the approval process, at University level, with respect to new programmes of study and adaptations of existing programmes
- the examination appeals process
- the disciplinary appeals process
- the appointment process, database and online reporting system with respect to external examiners for taught programmes
- the maintenance of the database of Programme Chairs
- the maintenance of the University Schedule of Meetings.
The team also works closely with the Deputy Registrar/Dean of Teaching and Learning and the Dean of Graduate Studies, and works with colleagues in the Registry in relation to some specific aspects of Registry work.