The DCU PPI Ignite project aims to support and promote capacity building for high quality PPI in health and social care research. Included in this is the provision of support and advice to projects or research teams planning for or employing PPI in their DCU health and social care research. This pertains to all members of research teams; members of the public, patients, patient organisations, researchers, academics, clinicians or policy leaders. Planning for PPI takes time and needs to be thought about within the context of each individual project. The DCU PPI Ignite team are here to help you in your thinking on how PPI can be meaningfully achieved within your work. It is important that this is done on a project by project basis.
To enable the provision of support and advice the following guidelines should be followed:
- All requests for support should be made through email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- PPI needs to be thought about as early as possible in planning or conducting research. The earlier you contact DCU PPI Ignite the more support and guidance that can be offered. At a minimum, a period of at least one week should be allowed for the return of advice.
- Requests should include;
- An abstract/summary of the project.
- Either a summary of proposed PPI purpose and methods or if PPI is not being employed a discussion of why not.
- If your request relates to a grant application you should also provide the following;
- A draft of the application which will be kept confidential to the DCU PPI Ignite team.
- The name of the funder.
- The name of the call.
- The application guidelines.
- Necessary deadlines.
- All documentation should be provided in word where possible.
Feedback from DCU PPI Ignite can be provided verbally or in writing (e.g. via email). Where necessary a PPI clinic can be scheduled with the DCU PPI Ignite Programme Manager to discuss your PPI plans in further detail.
A letter of support from DCU PPI Ignite can be provided. This will confirm engagement with DCU PPI Ignite and outline the assistance that DCU PPI Ignite can provide during your research. There is no cost attached to this letter of support. However, your grant application or research proposal and budget will need to be reviewed by DCU PPI Ignite to ensure the inclusion of meaningful, high quality PPI.
The outcome of grant applications or research proposals which have received support from DCU PPI Ignite need to be communicated to the DCU PPI Ignite team via email@example.com within one week of the outcome being known. PPI relevant sections from progress reports also need to be communicated to the DCU PPI Ignite team via firstname.lastname@example.org on an annual basis.
For the most up to date support contact details please see here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z3KT5aAhxBuH6AeBfZuet9RuWIp-pSCKemail@example.com&usp=drive_fs