Registry - CHECKLIST FOR EXAMINATIONS
Checklist For On Campus Examinations
In Advance of Exams:
- Check your examination timetable on student apps page prior to starting your examinations to ensure that you are certain of all dates, times, venues and campus.
- Please take a note your 6 digit Exam Number for semester two (published on the exam timetable). You will use this on your exam script to enable your script to be marked anonymously. If you forget this on the day this can be checked with the invigilator.
- Ensure you are familiar with the university's examination regulations
- Check your ID Card is valid and in date and contact Registry if you require a new one. Please ensure you have signed the rear of your ID card.
- Plan your route to your exam venue and allow plenty of time in advance. Campus maps are available here.
Note: Access to GLA.Sports Club Main Hall: Students should access this exam venue from the rear of the building and not through the main sports centre reception. Please walk past the main entrance of Londis and turn to your right to gain access. Signage will be made available on campus.
- Familiarise yourself with HSE Guidelines regarding Covid 19 .
Please follow their advice and only come to campus if it is safe to do so.
Exam Hall Protocol
- Please follow hand sanitising protocols at all times. Hand sanitising stations will be available at all doors of the exam centre.
- Face Masks can be worn into the exam hall. If you do not have one and would like to wear one during your exam you can request one from the invigilator. Face coverings are no longer mandatory in the exam hall.
- Ventilation in the exam centres have been checked and will be continuously monitored. While every effort will be made to heat the exam centres, it may be unavoidable to have doors/windows open at various times for ventilation. Therefore, we advise you to wear layers of warm clothing.
On the day of your exams:
- Please bring your current student identification card to all examinations. If you forget this on the morning, you can receive a temporary ID card from Registry in the Henry Grattan. Please see the Examinations - ID Audit Process which will apply if you do not have a valid student ID Card with you.
- Check your seat number outside the exam centre before entering the room. This will also be displayed on your examination timetable. (You are NOT required to sign the list displayed outside the venue.) You will receive a different seat number for each exam. Please ensure that you sit in the correct seat.
- The following items are not permitted in the examination centres;
- Text storing or programmable calculators
- Smart watches / Electronic / digital / Bluetooth devices
- Notes/books of any kind (unless expressly approved)
- Pencil cases
- Paper, log tables, statistic tables, graph paper, formula (all supplied by the invigilator)
- Food and drink
(Please refer to the Examination Regulations for comprehensive guidance regarding this
- Personal Belongings - Please note that personal belongings or valuables should not be brought into the examination venues as there is no secure storage available. Please secure any personal belongings in your student locker. The University does not accept responsibility for items lost or stolen in the examinations venues.
- Ventilation in the exam centres have been checked and will be continuously monitored. While every effort will be made to heat the exam centres, it may be unavoidable to have doors/windows open at various times for ventilation. Therefore, we advise you to wear layers of warm clothing
During your exams
- When you receive the examination paper, check the paper to ensure that you have been given the correct one.
- Ensure that all the details are completed correctly on the front of your answer booklet before returning it to the invigilator.
- If you have any queries during the examination, if you have forgotten an item of stationery or are feeling unwell you can discuss these issues with one of the invigilators.
After the Exam
- Ensure you get enough rest in between exams
- If you have experienced difficulties during the exam and wish to complete an extenuating circumstances form, please see form at https://www.dcu.ie/registry/application_forms.shtml#Examinations
- If you wish to speak to a member of the student support team for personal support directly prior to, during or after an exam, email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
A comprehensive list of FAQs can be found here