Research and Innovation Support - SFI- PIYRA
office of the vice-president for research
SFI-President of Ireland Young Researcher Award (PIYRA) 2008-09
Science Foundation Ireland - President of Ireland Young Researcher Award 2008-09.
The SFI President of Ireland Young Researcher Award (PIYRA) competition for 2008-09 is now open. This programme offers a unique opportunity for exceptional young researchers to develop a career in research at DCU. This program is not a standard post-doctoral scheme. It aims to recruit the highest achievers to Irish institutions. From Monday 20th October 2008 this will be an open call.
All details in relation to eligibility for this scheme can be downloaded from the SFI website
Procedure to obtain DCU nomination: -
Interested candidates are requested to submit a nomination proposal to OVPR, which will be subject to internal review. This nomination should contain the following:
- One-page summary of the research objectives and their importance in a format such that a non-expert in the field will understand and appreciate the significance of the work.
- One-page summary of prior research and educational accomplishments clearly outlining the originality and the impact of these accomplishments.
- One-page summary of the potential value and impact of the proposed research programme to Ireland, the international research field and DCU. External applicants should indicate potential synergies with existing principal investigators or research groups in DCU and explain previous contacts/collaborations if any. Internal applicants should indicate their current affiliation and the contact details of appropriate mentor if different from their current supervisor.
- Up to a three-page CV including a list of publications, patents and previous funding
- Separately, please list your 5 best papers, comment on the novelty of each and provide metric information (H index and impact factor).
The above information must be emailed as ONE SINGLE PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org .Please ensure that you have read the SFI eligibility criteria before applying to DCU.