Research - Postgraduate Resources
Some 300 academic staff pursue their research interests at Dublin City University, within Schools/Departments or in thematic research centres. The university is involved in all major national and EU funding programmes and has enjoyed significant success in attracting research sponsorship from industry for both basic and applied research.
DCU is committed to a continuing emphasis on research at all levels in the university. The recent construction of a new Postgraduate Centre for postgraduates and researchers is just one example of this commitment. 600 postgraduate students conduct their research for a higher degree at DCU. According to the Sunday Times University Guide (September 2002), at â‚¬ 17,685 per postgraduate, DCU has the highest per capita research income for postgraduates in Ireland.
If you have a first or second class degree from a recognised Third Level Institution and are interested in a research area in which DCU has a specialty - or you are interested in discussing potential research areas with one of our researchers, follow any of the links below.
- Award Schemes
- Check out the research expertise database, which gives information and contact information to potential postgraduates on the research work being carried out by staff at DCU.
- View recruitment opportunities and get information and contact names on the websites of Schools and Research Centres.
- Read the experiences of current postgraduate students on what it''s like to study and live here, from postgraduate students currently carrying out research at DCU.
- Application forms and general information on studying at DCU are available from the Registry office.
- Find out what postgraduate accommodation and facilities are available in the Postgraduate Centre and get rental cost information and an application form.
- Find information on obtaining Irish Work Permits from the Irish Government Department of Enterprise, Trade & Employment.
- Find information on the DCU postgraduate society which aims to provide a forum for postgraduates in DCU
- Instructions on how to apply for Postgraduate Travel Funding (PDF)
- Application for Postgraduate Travel Funding (PDF)