Research - Research Office
The EU has ‘Community programmes’ in almost every discipline. These programmes are designed to promote cooperation between Member States in the fields relating to the different EU policies. Framework programme 7 (FP7) is just one of these Community Programmes.
FP7 is the EU funding instrument for Research and Development. FP7 promotes research and development cooperation across member states. There are 5 programmes under FP7. Click here for more information on FP7 and a live streaming of all FP7 calls and events.
- Framework Programme 7 Homepage
- People Programme (Marie Curie)
- Cooperation Programme
- Ideas Programme
- Capacities Programme
- Ireland's FP7 Office
- Financial Support for Irish Researchers
- A List of Irish Contact Points for FP7
The EU has ‘Community programmes’ in almost every discipline. These programmes are designed to promote cooperation between Member States in the fields relating to the different EU policies. There are programmes for Health, Environment, Youth, Culture, Media, etc… Each programme is managed by a different administrative body and has its own grant rules. Some other Community Grants that may be of interest to DCU researchers can be found here.
The EU also has a separate fund for Structural and Cohesion Funding. This provides funding for the poorer regions of Europe and supports the integration of Europe’s Infrastructure. The Interreg and Peace programmes are funded under this instrument. Find out More
Interreg is the EU's Programme of structural funding for strengthening social and economic cohesion throughout Europe by supporting projects and actions in three axes: A - Cross-border; B - Trans-national; and C - Interregional. Interreg IV (2007-2013) is made up of a large number of A,B & C Programmes. DCU staff may be interested in the following Interreg programmes:
- Interreg IVA - Ireland - Wales
- Interreg IVA - Northern Ireland, the Border Region of Ireland and Western Scotland
- Interreg IVB - Atlantic Area
- Interreg IVB - North West Europe
- Interreg IVB - Northern Periphery Programme
- Interreg IVC
- The PEACE III Programme is a distinctive EU Programme aimed at reinforcing progress towards a peaceful and stable society and promoting reconciliation. It will assist Northern Ireland and the Border Region and will specifically focus on reconciling communities and contributing towards a shared society. Download the Peace III programme
The Lifelong Learning Programme is another Community Programme which promotes teaching and learning cooperation across member states. It does not fund research but rather teaching and learning initiatives at all levels. Find out more