This Access Course is for Honours students whose primary degree is not in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, but who wish to join the MEng in Mechanical and Manufacturing programme. It is a bridge between your existing knowledge and the knowledge you need to enter one of these courses. It is a one-year, part-time course.
Students on the Masters Access Programme may transfer onto the Masters programme, subject to the transfer requirements. Find out more about our MEng in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering here.
About this course
The aim of this course is:
- To provide relevant fundamental Mechanical and Manufacturing knowledge in preparation for the MEng programme.
- To be a skills conversion programme.
View the current course structure
Why choose this course?
- You can study part-time and remotely for maximum flexibility.
- It offers an opportunity to change your career path.
- It is a unique programme not available anywhere else in Ireland.
- Located in a modern, state-of-the-art building with excellent teaching, laboratory and computing facilities.
The Access programme offers an entry route to the Postgraduate programmes in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering, which opens up many opportunities to its graduates.
Some students have launched a new career in design and manufacturing, often based on new skills they have developed and nurtured during the Masters project. Part-time students have found that their career progression has been more rapid, or that new roles have opened up with their employers. Others have progressed to PhD research and gained further advancement and recognition.
In a competitive time for positions, the extra qualifications provided by this programme are a valuable addition to your CV.
Find out more about our MEng in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering here.
The normal entry requirements for the Access Course are:
- A level 8 (NFQ level 8 qualification) Honours degree in a Science/Technology based degree (Applied Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science, etc.), OR
- A level 8 (NFQ level 8 qualification) Honours degree in other areas of engineering (Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Civil Engineering, etc.) Both cases are subject to an interview if deemed necessary by the Chair of the Programme or Head of School.
Candidates are expected to have educational qualifications of a standard equivalent to those outlined above. In addition, where such candidates are non-native speakers of the English language they must satisfy the University of their competency in the English language.
Non-EU Applicants: This programme is not available to non-EU students.
Commencement of Programme September 2022.