This course offers an alternative entry route to the MEng in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering for those students who do not meet the normal Masters entry requirements, but have a level 8 H3 degree in Mechanical and/or Mechanical Engineering. Successful completion of the Master Engineering Qualifier B programme allows the student to progress to the MEng programme, from which Graduate Diploma or Graduate Certificate exit awards are also possible.
The credits from the Master Engineering Qualifier B are carried forward to the MEng programme.
This is a one-year, part-time course.
About this course
This course aims:
- To give students the knowledge, experience and skills required to enter our Masters programme in Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering.
- The Qualifier course itself does not carry an award, but it offers you the opportunity to advance your knowledge and career aspirations and the credits from the Qualifier can be transferred to the MEng programme.
Find out more about our MEng in Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering here.
View the current course structure
Why choose this course?
- You can study part-time and remotely for maximum flexibility.
- It offers an opportunity to change your career path.
- It is a unique programme not available anywhere else in Ireland.
- Located in a modern, state-of-the-art building with excellent teaching, laboratory and computing facilities.
Candidates who successfully complete the Masters Qualifier can transfer to the MEng in Electronic & Computer Engineering. Find out more here.
The normal entry requirement for the Qualifier B programme is:
H3 level 8 (NFQ level 8 qualification) Honours degree in Mechanical and/or Manufacturing Engineering
This programme is not available to non-EU students.