Here you will find information regarding scheme membership whether you are joining the University for the first time, looking for ways to maximise your benefits, retiring or considering resigning from your post.
There are 3 public service superannuation schemes in operation at DCU, and our campus companies run their own private scheme.
CHOOSE THE OPTION THAT FITS YOU BEST:
DCU Superannuation Scheme
The Dublin City University Superannuation Scheme is a ‘pay as you go’ scheme. It is a defined benefit scheme. This means that superannuation awards are based on years of service and final salary.
The Dublin City University Survivor' and Children's Scheme provides pensions for the survival and/or dependent children of a member who dies in service or after qualifying for a pension or preserved pension.
Your entitlements are based on when you joined the public service:
- I joined before 6th April 1995: access Explanatory Booklet 1 to find out about the provisions of your scheme.
- I joined after 6th April 1995 and before 1st April 2004: access Explanatory Booklet 2 to find out about the provisions of your scheme.
- I joined on or after 1st April 2004: access Explanatory Booklet 3 to find out about the provisions of your scheme.
Single Public Service Pension Scheme (post 2013 employees)
If you Joined DCU on or after 1st January 2013, please access Explanatory Booklet 4 to find out about the provisions of your scheme.
DCU PENSIONS - FIND OUT MORE
Colleges of Education Scheme
The Colleges of Education Superannuation Scheme applies to staff from St Patrick's College and the Church of Ireland College of Education who were members on 30th September 2016 and transferred to DCU with effect from 1st October 2016.
Learn about the provisions:
DCU Campus Company Scheme
The DCU Commercial Designated Activity Company (DAC) pension scheme applies to all eligible staff of DCU Language Services DAC, DCU Invent DAC, Campus Residences DAC, DCU Commercial DAC, UAC DAC, Campus Property DAC, Trispace DAC and Dublin Software Park DAC.
The scheme is administered by: Independent Financial Advisory Trust Ltd
Unit 1C, Woodlands Office Park, Southern Cross Road, Bray, Co. Wicklow
Contact: David O’Brien | Tel: (01) 272 3200 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
IFAT is a corporate Pensions Consultancy regulated by the Financial Regulator.
Campus Company scheme:
- Explanatory Booklet
- Members’ guide
- Trustees of the scheme
- Role and responsibilities of the Trustees
- Disputes resolution
- Pension Planet (online resource for pension information)
- Annual Reports 2008-2009 | 2009-2010 | 2010-2011 | 2013-2014 | 2014-2015 | 2015-2016 | 2016-2017