Neurodiversity Awareness Workshop (in person)
Course Code: DCU189
This session will introduce the concept of neurodiversity, and is suitable for anyone who would like to know more about neurodiversity. We will cover what and who the term encompasses, how to talk about neurodiversity, and the strengths and challenges for neurodivergent people.
This workshop aims to enhance your understanding of neurodiversity with specific focus on:
- an overview of neurodiversity with a brief introduction to conditions, strengths and challenges
- neurodiversity within the college environment
- the benefits of working with someone who is neurodivergent
- understanding how to reduce barriers to neurodiverse students participation in the third level
- helpful resources
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THIS COURSE
1. Log in to your Core HR portal
2. Click the Learning and Development tab
3. Type DCU189 into the Keywords search field and click Search.