Managing a Research Team
Contemporary research increasingly requires a team approach. Whether you are already managing your own team, looking to recruit a new team, or will be managing a team in the future, this course offers guidance on best practices and help you to develop your capabilities as a team leader.
Target Audience: All members of the research community including academics, research and senior research fellows and postdoctoral researchers.
- Effective teams, establishing a team and your role as team leader – To be confirmed
- The Four Ms for Leadership: Mission, Motivation, Meetings and Mentoring and having honest conversations
A blended-learning approach is taken where participants are invited to complete pre-work using the online programme Professional Skills for Research Leaders before attending this course.
Aims of this course:
This course will help you to develop your skills as a team leader. Specifically, it will focus on:
- What makes an effective team and team roles
- What makes an effective leader and manager and leadership styles
- How to establish an effective team and set the purpose for the team
- Methods you can use to motivate and get the best from team members
- The importance of providing mentoring to team members
- The importance of having honest conversations with team members
- Your role as a team leader in the following HR processes – recruitment and selection, probationary process, performance management process.
Participants will be presented with a certificate on completion of this programme.
Course Fee: €90.00
If you would like to apply for this course, please enrol here.