About Maths Learning Centre
Maths Learning Centre
Welcome to the DCU Maths Learning Centre website.
The Maths Learning Centre's role is to provide free extra informal support in a welcoming environment to all undergraduate DCU students taking a mathematics module as part of their degree programme.
The Centre is located on the ground floor of the Library on the Glasnevin campus but is not open as a physical drop-in centre at the moment, due to the COVID-19 restrictions.
Why maths counts: Ten ways to make maths add up in college - an article in Irish Independent published on 22nd August 2016.
Below, you will find information about our online support services, some starter-pack maths worksheets, and extra online resources.
There are two mains ways the MLC is offering support to students via Zoom at the moment:
- The first is that certain mathematics modules have an hour scheduled in their timetable for an MLC session, which you can attend on Zoom with your class and ask questions about any areas with which you are struggling.
- The second is that you can book a 25-minute 1-to-1 (or small group) session with a tutor on Zoom, via our Loop page, to which all undergraduates have access.
- Our current timetable for bookable 25-minute sessions is shown in the table - but if none of these times suit you, please contact email@example.com with a list of times that would be better, as we can modify our hours if there is sufficient demand.
|Monday||12.00 - 14.00, 17:00 - 19:00|
|Tuesday||11.00 - 13.00, 16:00 - 18:00|
|Wednesday||12.00 - 14.00, 17:00 - 19:00|
|Thursday||11.00 - 13.00, 16:00 - 18:00|
|Friday||12.00 - 14.00|
The Centre recommends using the mathtutor website (click here) for online maths help. This site has a set of interactive learning resources to help bridge the gap between secondary school and university maths content. The website can be used to revise previously learned maths topics or to strengthen your knowledge on new topics.
- Ask Dr.Math. A question and answer service for students studying maths.
- Mathworld. A comprehensive and interactive mathematics encyclopedia.
- MathCentre U. K. site which offers many resources, including reference leaflets, teach-yourself booklets, revision booklets, on-line exercises and video tutorials.